I love surprising the kids with sweet treats after school or on the weekend. Oreos are a go-to because they are so easy to jazz up for the holidays. These Spooky Spider Oreos are so much fun!
In this blog I will be sharing the 5 ingredients needed (and simple instructions) to make Spooky Spider Oreos. This easy Halloween treat is sure to put a smile on the kids faces!
5 Ingredients to make Spooky Spider Oreos:
You can buy any variation (I prefer gluten free) of an Oreo cookie to make the Spooky Spider Oreos.
2. Cotton Candy
Cotton Candy is fun to use as a "spiderweb" underneath the Spooky Spider Oreos on the plates.
3. Stick Pretzels
Get thin stick pretzels (these will be the Spider Oreo legs (you don't want them too think/large.)
This Meltable (or Candy Melts) chocolate comes in several colors and I use it for all our Halloween treats. I try to do a few festive Halloween treats for the kids over fall. I always have Meltable chocolate on hand!
5. Edible Eyeballs
Another item I always have on hand for Halloween treats is Edible Eyeballs.
1. Spread Cotton Candy on plate to create a spiderweb look.
2. Separate Oreos and add pretzels to make the spider legs.
3. Spoon the Meltables chocolate in the center of the cookie to make the cookie stick back together.
4. Dip the Oreos halfway into the Meltable chocolate and add Edible Eyeballs.
5. Place the spiders on parchment paper to dry!
And that's it! These Spooky Spider Oreos were a HIT this year. Would love to see them if you make them! You can also see a short reel of me creating these Spooky Spider Oreos on Insta: @stef.hubble - come say hi!