Here are a couple simple and cute desserts (and a craft) for this Fourth of July!
This year I made my first ever Fourth of July Pizza Fruit Cake for dessert. It really is so simple and festive! An easy treat to have at home or to take to the neighborhood party.
American Flag Fruit Pizza Ingredients:
1 17.5 oz Refrigerated sugar cookie dough
1 8 oz package cream cheese, room temp
1 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 pkg white chocolate covered pretzels
Cream for whipping, or refrigerated whipped topping
American Flag Fruit Pizza Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees
2. Place parchment paper on cookie tray.
3. Press or roll cookie dough on to the parchment paper. Use flour to keep hands or roller from sticking.
4. Bake cookie for 20-25 minutes until edges are golden and the middle is cooked. Allow to cool completely
5. Wash and dry fruit. Slice strawberries.
6. Beat cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
7. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly on the cookie.
8. Place blueberries in small square in upper left corner.
9. Place strawberries in lines across the cookie.
10. Place pretzels between rows of strawberries.
11. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
12. Optional, top sliced cookie pieces with whipped cream or topping.
Another fun idea for a Fourth of July dessert is Puppy Chow. This is a fan favorite! You can get all the details about it HERE. I use a lot of the same dessert and crafts for both Memorial Day and Fourth of July. :)
This fun and festive red, white, and blue floral arrangement was so fun! I made this originally for Memorial Day. I loved having this made and I pulled it back out to decorate for July 4th this year. Creating thing and getting to use them over and over again is where it's at! Get all the details about this floral arrangement HERE.